Print Back to Calendar Return
AI- 2846   12. B. 5.    
BOC Regular
Meeting Date: 04/09/2019  
Resolution for Transportation Economic Development Grant Application
FROM: Kristine Parsons, Engineering Director, Road Department
Department: Road Department  

Information
RESOLUTION:
Resolved that the Calhoun County Board of Commissioners does hereby support the improvement of Raymond Road from G Drive North to Michigan Avenue, and will seek funding assistance for said improvements through the Michigan Department of Transportation’s Transportation Economic Development (TED) Fund Category F Grant Program.  This project shall be committed for construction within the 2021 fiscal year. 
RECOMMENDATION:

It is the recommendation of the Road Department that the Calhoun County Board of Commissioners approve the resolution supporting the improvement of Raymond Road from G Drive North to Michigan Avenue in order to improve the Road Department's odds of being awarded grant funding by the Michigan Department of Transportation.

BACKGROUND:
Raymond Road is in very poor condition and currently has a PASER rating of 1. This roadway is eligible for federal and/or state funding and it meets the criteria for the Michigan Department of Transportation’s (MDOT) Transportation Economic Development (TED) Fund Category F grant.  Raymond Road will be the final link to create an all season route connecting M-294 to Bus-94 (Michigan Avenue), and when completed, will be an available route year round for multiple businesses and organizations in the region. 
ALTERNATIVES:
The Board of Commissioners could choose not to support this resolution. This would result in this project scoring lower during the grant selection process and would decrease the likelihood of a grant award to the Calhoun County Road Department.

Fiscal Impact
BUDGETARY IMPACT:
The Calhoun County Road Department is proposing to provide a 30% match of local funds if this grant is awarded, which would amount to approximately $150,000. The total grant amount requested is $350,000, which would provide the remaining 70% of the project costs.
Attachments
Raymond Road TED Grant Support Letter

AgendaQuick©2005 - 2019 Destiny Software Inc., All Rights Reserved